Saturday, January 19, 2013

DIY: Baby Burp Cloths

Like most people who sew, I am a fabric collector. Ok, fabric hoarder, call it what you want I love having things to choose from. I seriously needed to kick start my nursery sewing and thought burp cloths would be a good thing to get finished and get me in the mood to conquer the bed skirt, the crib quilt, and the fancy fabric wall hangings I've pinned on Pinterest.

I read this blog tutorial, and got to work. She gives very good instructions and exact dimensions. I just kinda winged it...





There was a little bit of brown in the flannel print so I thought using brown thread would make them look fancy. I was wrong, so after re-threading the serger I finished them.

Looks a lot nicer without the weird brown edged one....



Ava's gonna love laying her face on this.


Easier to serge than it was to get a picture to look ok with my phone... I need a real camera I guess. Enjoy! Be one of the many moms making their own soft, absorbent burp cloths! Think these will be one of my go-to sewing gifts for baby showers they're so quick to sew and can make so many with a little bit of fabric!
 photo 14ca4774-295e-4357-87cf-f544d8b2d10a_zps1b6b67b4.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment