Thursday, January 17, 2013

Project Preview: Going Paperless


It really is ridiculous the amount of paper products we go through. Not "we" as a country, I'm not being all judgey, I just mean "we" as a family.

Paper towels take up a lot of valuable cart space when shopping, and the one thing I'm noticing lately is less room due to the mega pack of paper towels it seems like I am ALWAYS buying.


This is the first set of re-usable paper towels I saw; found via Pinterest but sold here on Etsy, for $52!




This tutorial is a good one to check out! Full pictures and very well explained.

I think during the weekend I'm going to try to sit down and sew a couple dozen of them, it should be fast on the serger, I hope...




While I'm at it, I'm hoping to finish re-usable lunch bags for the girls, with sandwich wraps and home-made ziplock type bags.

Here's the tutorial I plan to follow for their lunch sacks. She uses a brown paper bag as her template and that's exactly what I'm looking for so that's what I'm going to do!




Well, that's the plan anyways. I do need to finish a diaper changing pad cover, a crib skirt, and several dozen feet of fabric bunting... Oh, to Sew!

No comments:

Post a Comment