Thursday, March 7, 2013

"Box Full of Sunshine" Gift Basket

Tomorrow is my 39 week appointment at the birthing center and I'm hoping my last. My first Bug was born at 41 weeks and my second Bear at 38 weeks, so who knows when this baby will actually decide it's her birthday... But I wanted to take a gift for my favorite nurse and my midwife just in case it is my last actual appointment. I knew I could whip up something for them using my good ole "Gifts" board on Pinterest.

This was the inspiration pin.

This is the collection of yellow goodies I came up with.
1.leftover Whitmans box re-used as the "basket" 2.wet-ones sanitizing wipes 3.Swedish Fish 4.tic-tacs 5.Lemon jello 6.Snapple Iced-Tea 7.fruity air-freshener 8.Canned Pineapple 9.Ice Breakers Gum 10.Juicy Fruit Gum 11.Carmex 12.Snickers Egg 13.Nail Polish 14.Crystal Light Packets 15.Reeses Egg 16.Post-Its 17.lollipop 18.lipgloss 19.socks 20.highlighter 21.Kleenex


Yellow card stock, quotes from the internet, some clear cellophane, a ribbon, and voila!




Two boxes of sunshine for two people that are always happy even when the waiting room is full, the hoodlums are crying, and it's raining outside.

The only downside to putting this box of sunshine together is that I have been singing "I've got a pocket, got pocket full of sunshine..." ALL DAY LONG. Even customizing lyrics and making my husband think I'm even weirder than I actually am! :)

Do you know anyone that could use a sunshine basket? Either to lift their spirits or just for fun? This random assortment of things I'm hoping is a big hit tomorrow! I'm thinking this is a great cheap go-to that would work well in any color!


No comments:

Post a Comment